According to a recent survey conducted by houzz.com, here are five things that consistently make people happy with their homes.
1. Big windows and comfortable furniture: Nearly 75 percent of respondents listed these two items as major difference-makers. It’s a no-brainer—people like lots of light and a good place to relax.
2. A big-screen TV: This is more likely to be a key feature for men than women. 40 percent of men said having a big-screen TV makes them happy with their homes, compared to just 17 percent of women.
3. Overall design and layout : 87 percent of the 6,000 people surveyed said the design of the home is a major contributor to overall happiness. If you’re unhappy with your home and there’s a project you’ve been wanting to tackle, get to it!
4. Home cookin’: 39 percent of respondents said the scent of good cooking or baking made them happiest. Clearly, it helps to have a capable chef around the house!
5. Keep it tidy: 72 percent of homeowners said they’re happiest when their houses are clean and well-organized. If you want to be happier with your home, try having a place for everything, and put everything in its place.
Hope you found this blog post valuable! Any follow up questions or comments are always welcomed in the comments section below.
Contact us anytime!
Broker Owner, REALTOR®
O: 720.446.6075 | M: 303.525.1402
E: email@example.com | W: www.morarealestate.co